Location: Arthome.hk Studio, 19/F, Phase 2, Goodman Logistics Shatin Center, 6 Wong Chuk Yeung St, Fotan, Hong Kong.
Target Year Groups: Y9 to Y13
Maximum number of students: 25
Approximate cost: HK$4,200
Outside Provider or Organisation: This is a NEW studio for 2019 in Fo Tan. Arthome.hk
Option Leader: Ms. Helen Palmer
EVERY PIECE OF POTTERY STARTS FROM A LUMP OF CLAY…
- The studio is conveniently situated next to the bus stop, and is only 10 minutes away from the Sha Tin MTR station.
- Largest pottery studio in the district (indoor area: 4000 sq feet plus a rooftop garden).
- Well-equipped studio with a professional wheel room.
- To learn the knowledge, procedure and skills in making ceramics with wheel throwing and hand building
- To develop the creativity and critical thinking skills through production and appreciation of ceramics works
- To enhance whole person development of students
Content of Course:
- Basic knowledge on ceramics material (clay and glaze)
- Practical studies of clay work and creation of a set of ceramics artwork in functional and sculptural pottery
- Basic knowledge on 3D form and texture effects in ceramics
- Educational support in artistic idea and technique development in pottery making
- Safety in ceramics workshop
- All students can make more than 5 pieces of pottery artwork: 4” thrown pot, 5” hand built functional pot, 6” sculpture in ceramics. Each student can have a glaze fired 8-9 Litre of pottery work.
All the pottery artwork will be dried and fired after the course. Please note it takes about 4-5 week to complete the firing process.