Target Year Groups: Y11 to Y13
Maximum number of students: 24
Approximate cost: HK$15,500 to $17,800 (dependent on cost for access to Mt Kinabalu)
This is a new and exciting trip for us this year. Please see below the proposed itinerary for 2017.
Trip Leaders: Mr William Wong & Ms Joanna Burgon
Please note that parents are responsible for the arrangement of visas if required. Please ensure that your child’s passport is valid for a minimum period of 6 months from the date of departure from their destination.
- Arrival at Kota Kinabalu International Airport. (19:15)
- North Star Borneo will meet and greet
- Transfer to the hotel Shangri-La will take approximately 15minutes.
- Dinner on arrival
- Allocation of rooms
- Breakfast at Hotel.
- Transfer to Lok Kawi Wildlife Park.
- Lunch at Wildlife Park
- Transfer to Adventure Camp. Self-reliance skills
- Dinner Provided at Adventure Camp
- Breakfast at Adventure Camp.
- Go to start line the trek alongside river through villages and Rain-forest (approx. 2-3 hours)
- Lunch in a local Village.
- White water rafting back to Adventure Camp
- Pack up and leave for Kinabalu National Park.
- Dinner at Kinabalu National Park.
- Early night ready for the big day ahead
- Breakfast at Kinabalu National Park
- Start ascent of Mountain from Timpohon Gate (Summit Trail) Approximate total distance from Timpohon Gate to the Peak is 8.5km.
- Lunch Enroute/Meals also provided at Laban Rata (Located midpoint and the overnight stop)
- Early Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant then early to bed ready for an early start (approx 2:30am)
- Awake at 02:30 – Ascend to the summit for sunrise (approximately 1-2 hours depending on fitness levels)
- Descend from summit stop for Breakfast and descend to the mountain base.
- Lunch at Kinabalu National Park
- Transfer to overnight accommodation. Students allocated to rooms. R&R.
- Dinner at accommodation.
- Transfer to camp Papar or Kota Kinabalu.
- Transfer to Cultural Village for activities
- Dinner at accommodation
- Day at Gaya Island.
- Am: Snorkeling introduction and session.
- Lunch at the Dive Centre on Gaya Island
- Snorkeling safari by boat.
- Transfer back to Kota Kinabalu and the hotel Shangri-La.
- Evening at KK waterfront and dinner Toscanis Italian restaurant.
- Breakfast at hotel.
- Morning with local handicrafts, watching and participating
- Hotel check out (leave bags in the lobby)
- Free time in city for souvenir shopping
- Pick up bags & Transfer to Kota Kinabalu International Airport
- North Star farewell