Target Year Groups: Y9 to Y13
Maximum number of students: 20
Approximate Cost: Dependent on option chosen – see below for details
Please see below the itinerary for 2017.
Option Leader: Mr. Bayne
There are three pricing options. Students may only choose one of the options below –
- Artificial Reef only (no diving) including transport, materials and boat hire – HK$3,200
- Artificial Reef plus 2 survey dives (qualified SCUBA divers only) – HK$3,800
- Artificial Reef plus 2 “Discover SCUBA” dives (if you want to dive but are NOT qualified) – HK$4,300 – This includes one session of pool training as well, date TBC.
NOTE: Qualified Diving Instructors will lead on all the diving stages.
Nature of Option/Activity: Action and Service
- Service work – Hong Kong Marine Environment Conservation
- Action – Construction and installation of Artificial Reefs (ARs)
CAS content of the Option:
- Research different designs for ARs.
- Marine Conservation and Global Awareness.
- Surveys of Marine Environment in HK.
- Possible future CAS programme and Science EE on monitoring of the ARs.